Friday, September 23, 2011

This One

If it says anything, here she is looking at G.
This is my oldest "child" Audrey.  She's a 6 year old mini dachshund who had a nasty tendency to really not particularly like any guy who I allowed near my apt.  Oh, until G.  For G she melts.  In fact, early on, with us curled up cuddling she jumped onto the bed, onto my face, vaulting herself at him.  We were gone 2 years to England, in which time we decided it was best to leave her with my parents (and her cousin or whatnot from the same breeder), but coming home she still loved him.

And she's odd.  She used to sleep on my clothes in college.  She would push her way into my room, drag out clothing bit by bit when I was in classes and curl up on them.  She no longer does this.  Why?  Because it's all about G.  His clothes are what she slept on during his deployment. And what she's chosen since he came home seems to be his shoes.

She's been nearly crawling into his work boots.  She gently undoes the laces a bit, and kind of curls up with them.  Last night she chose his brown casual shoes and crawled on top of them.  And tonight his slippers were most convenient and she's lying on top of them.  Sophie may technically be "his" dog (though she prefers me), but Audrey chose her side long ago and I lost.  I've accepted it like countless mothers before me.  :)

3 comments:

  1. awww she's so adorable! My dog definitely chose me, but the cat is partial to my husband. Funny how that works out sometimes right?

    More pet pics in the future please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey's classy and way to cute:) Aww...that look on G!

    ReplyDelete