Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is one of those days where I really need to remember the good things, to focus on the positive. Life is short but beautiful and the little things should be celebrated, thanks offered up.

* Grateful that I noticed the leak coming through the ceiling from our bathtub. It sucks, but was caught early and can wait to be dealt with. Our morning showers together will have to cease as our master bath just has a stall shower, but such is life.

* I made 2 loaves of wheat bread and apricot bread last night. Kitchen smelled amazing and we have bread for toast and grilled cheese now!

* We got a whole small list of things done yesterday and today should mean even more gets done. We kept going and didn't let small setbacks derail us.

* I was able to purchase a medela breast pump brand new for less than $200 thanks to a local store trying to move stock. Yes, it will probably all be reimbursable, but it was a nice savings.

* I'm enjoying a delicious pumpkin spice latte (I get it with half the flavoring to cut the sweetness).

* One of the doctor's offices through my John Hopkins insurance has a pediatrician who will sign my form to see Little Miss within 48 hours after her birth so the birth center will be a definite go.

* Just one more day to go and it's a 3 day weekend! Plans to go to an orchard, work on landscaping the back yard and finishing up clearing out the nursery and move all her stuff in there. Add to that a fundraising dinner on Monday I think we're going to at one of our favorite restaurants and things are looking up!

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for this beautiful Indian summer we are having in the Alps and for this new life I've been given. A year ago, I never would have thought it was possible.

    I'm also thankful for my amazing husband and our 2 (soon to be 3) animal babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful that my husband cleaned out the guest room, yay! And for my energy for making him dessert:)

    ReplyDelete