Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Petite Goals

I went looking back at posts labeled with goals, and it was fascinating to see the ones I'd still love to achieve (many of them derailed due to pregnancy), as well as the ones that have come to pass, and even one that made me laugh in this post.  I have gotten to know and love myself more, my eating disorder is amazingly under control, and we did manage to not have a baby that year...but a year later I was pregnant with Miss E!  Sometimes life is funny.

For goals that are centered on the little things this year, I've set these:

* To floss daily.  I suck at remembering to do this, and I hate to do it (sensitive gums means this isn't fun or pretty).
* Take out my contacts every night.  Um...yeah.  I get lectures every time I see an eye doctor.
* Keep my toenails painted.
* Curl my hair a few times a month.  G loves it and it gets very sexy-wavy, which suits me.
* Keep my eyebrows in check.
* Continuing practicing make-up techniques so for nights out I can play up my eyes.
* Drink more water.  I drink a ton of water, but with breastfeeding I've found I need even more than normal to keep hydrated.

I've begun to really think about taking care of my skin.  I'm pretty good about using sunscreen (being a pale potato person, after all), but I tend to forget to moisturize, wash my face before I sleep, etc.  So with that in mind.

* Use moisturizer on my skin daily.
* Look into dry brushing for exfoliation.
* Keep up with the eye cream and night time moisturizer.
* Use a cuticle cream.
* Utilize a face mask once a week, after a home facial.

Of course these are pretty much all health/beauty related.  I have so many small (and large) goals to achieve this year, and for once I'm positive they'll be achieved.  The year is looking bright!

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely with you on flossing sensitive teeth. It's the reason why i run away from flossing. Maybe getting an electric toothbrush might help as well? :/

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!
    I've been drinking more water and body brushing every day this year and already I'm noticing my skin is a lot softer-I've only been doing it very quickly before I get dressed in th morning, nothing very detailed or scientific but it seems to be working already! I recommend :)
    Happy 2012! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have super sensitive gums and teeth but the more I floss, the less sensitive they are! I also use sensodyne toothpaste and while it tastes nasty, it sure does work well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my son was a baby, I'd put him to bed around 7:30 and install myself in the bathroom to do my full nightly toilette. I had to do it while I was still alert and functional at that early hour, because if I waited another 90 minutes till I'd collapse into bed, then I'd be too tired and not do as good a job taking care of my skin and teeth.

    You might try taking care of these things earlier at night, if that's an issue?

    Even now, I get ready for bed as soon as I'm home from yoga every night, around 7:30. Old habits die hard!

    Speaking of habits, here's something brilliant that my dentist once told me, which you may find to be food for thought: "Whether they be good or bad, eventually your habits catch up with you." Let them be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Eleanor is so cute! I just want to pick her up and cuddle her close!

    Those are good goals and they are all reasonable and achievable.

    I've heard the term "body brushing" before but I'm not quite sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your goals are such sensible, do able ones! thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete