Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Dinner

To keep from being in a food rut, we've been trying to branch out more and try new foods.  Tonight I realized that just buying a few ingredients (spinach, salmon, and broccoli) that we could have a meal with 2 new flavors.

First, we made a spiced lentil stew with sweet potatoes and spinach from Small Kitchen College. This stew was amazingly flavorful and hearty.  We ate a teacup's worth as part of our dinner and it was the perfect accompaniment to broccoli and our main course.


Maple chili salmon, recipe from The Brewer and The Baker. Mmmm.  I made enough of everything for lunch tomorrow.

I love that I'm finally beginning to make things from my Pinterest boards.  And G is loving the new flavors.  We have a roast defrosting in the refrigerator right now to have with currants, dates and a quinoa later this week!

How was your Valentine's Day?  Did you try any new foods?

P.S. I don't believe you need a significant other to have a good Valentine's Day.  My girlfriends and I have gone out together, I've celebrated with just me and a pet, and even with family.  Love is love.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm the same when it comes to Valentine's day. Every day is love day for me:)

    I looked through your pins and I have to say they are interesting and love the pins you put up. Glad to hear that it helps you to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we actually had an early VD dinner of steak last week. It was great!

    ReplyDelete