Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

When I was asked on twitter about a recipe for pumpkin bread/muffins I thought, "Wow, have I never posted my recipe?"  Seriously, I apologize.  These are the muffins I've been making for the last 3 years, ever since our realtor brought some over after we moved in.  They are absolutely delicious and even better topped with cream cheese frosting. 

Pumpkin Muffins

• 3 1/3 c. all purpose flour (though I usually mix in a bit whole wheat with good results)
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 3 c sugar (I usually lessen this)
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp ground ginger
• 1 c. butter, melted
• 4 eggs
• 2/3 c water
• 2 c pumpkin

Pre-heat the overn to 350°F.  Either grease your muffin tin well or use the paper liners (I use the liners).  Mix dry ingredients well (I recommend using a metal whisk to really get it thoroughly mixed).  Then add the melted butter, eggs, water and pumpkin.  Mix well and then fill muffin tins 3/4 full.  Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick entered in center comes out clean.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment