Friday, May 22, 2009

At The Crack Of Dawn

It was 4:50 this morning when G and I decided to step away from the Brit Biggest Loser and get all snazzily dressed up to go running.  Our normal walk around base is almost 3 miles (it used to be close to 4, but then we cut the elementary school out of our route), and today we decided to run/walk it.  We walked quite a bit, but ran more than I thought we would.  We would have done more running if it weren't for one quite annoying little fact:  my workout/yoga pants are a bit too big, and we could only make it about a block before they fell down past the modest point.  G thought it was funny, and it was, but more frustrating than anything.  I was freezing cold, in a tank top, my upper torso was red from the cold.  So all I wanted to do was run to warm up, but couldn't.  

I have to say I am quite proud that we did go running this morning.  It's been years since I just got up and went for a run, and it was surprising how fun it was.  No one was really out, so it was just the quiet of the morning with birds singing.  It took us a little over an hour to do our loop, and we went to the local coffee place to grab breakfast.  Yummy omelets, toast and coffee.  And then it was home to bed.  

Now it's 1:35, and we're heading out in a bit to pick up some crumpets and cream cheese, maybe some eggs.  I am determined to go running again this morning (but perhaps I should think about ordering some new pants), even if I hurt in muscles I previously didn't know I had.  On top of the running we also lifted some light weights, with me finally working on my triceps.  It's a good type of pain.

Oh, and tonight we went and saw Star Trek.  I will admit that I acted like a spoiled child and pouted and made it very clear that it was my idea of hell......until the movie started.  I was nearly crying within the first 10 minutes, and the rest of the movie was highly enjoyable.  It doesn't hurt that the main character is hella cute.  If you like Chris Pine, another great movie is Bottle Shock, which also stars Alan Rickman and Bill Pullman.  Fantastic movie about the California wine vineyards.  And based on a true story to boot!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel on the tracksuit pants becoming too lose thing! One day they are loose, the next they are very loose, and then suddenly you cross that threshold into "too loose" where you need to hold them up to wear them!

    I say ditch them and get new ones. If you keep them you'll have that mental note that you can put weight back on and they will fit. Embrace the new (slender!) you and get some new ones!

    J

    ReplyDelete