Thursday, September 17, 2009



Tonight for dinner we picked up a roasted chicken from the store and made a salad with spring greens, red onion, goat's cheese, roasted garlic and grape tomatoes.  It was delicious!  The chicken was so moist!  

Then we had some concord grapes for dessert.  G had never had concord grapes, but he loved them.  He kept saying, so this is what they're trying to replicate with the artificially flavoured crap.  He said he always wondered since grape candy tasted nothing like grapes!

And then he said something that I immediately loved. 

"Here we are in a crappy kitchen, in a seedy hotel, eating our concord grapes.  Every day normal things.  I love you."

I think he's just a wee bit happy to be on a normal schedule where we can eat dinner every night together.  He had said earlier that he had been home for several hours and it was only 7:30.  He was just fascinated.  Sometimes it is the things we would normally take for granted that become so amazing when you haven't had them in a while.  

And let me tell you, I am so very excited to really be able to focus on planning meals that we'll have the time for.  For taking time in the middle of the day to write, to paint.  

So, readers, what is something that pops in your head that you take for granted but would be upset if it went away?  I think it's a good thing to remember the good things in our lives!

3 comments:

  1. At the moment - I am loving the experience of being able to leave "work" at "work". After 2 years of late hours and constantly turing over work things in the back of my mind - even when out to dinner with friends etc....it's now finished! I am loving this new found freedom and hope I never take it for granted again!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if only I recorded all the silly things this boy says. But that would need to be a separate blog of it's own!

    ReplyDelete